NH church volunteers to help in Oklahoma tornado cleanup
Twenty-four people died when the tornado struck Moore on May 20; two people died in Shawnee from a tornado the day earlier.
The 30 Manchester Christian Church volunteers will work on debris cleanup and stay in church basements, Mazur said. Part of the work involves cataloging lost items and trying to connect families with those items, some that were found miles away from where they belong, she said.
“Our church as a whole is very compassionate,” said the pastor, the Rev. Bo Chancey. “They love to care for people, be actively involved, put their faith and love in action.”
“When they hear we’re from New Hampshire, they’re shocked,” she said. The church is also collecting Home Depot and Lowe’s gift cards to give to people whose property was damaged by the tornado.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Diocese of Manchester's journey of faith - 0
- Christ Church in Exeter gets grant for Cuba work - 0
- Parishioners mourn death of longtime priest at St. Hedwig in Manchester - 0
- All Saints' Episcopal picks a new rector - 0
- New rabbi joins Temple Israel of Portsmouth - 0
- Granite Staters set sights on Quebec pilgrimage - 0
- Pope begs forgiveness for 'sacrilegious cult' of Church sex abuse - 0
- Sudan releases Ibrahim, but insists she stay there - 0
- Emergency preparedness class offered for churches - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 17
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 1
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 13
Market Basket community waits and watches
Derry woman arrested after police pursuit
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride