NH church volunteers to help in Oklahoma tornado cleanup
Twenty-four people died when the tornado struck Moore on May 20; two people died in Shawnee from a tornado the day earlier.
The 30 Manchester Christian Church volunteers will work on debris cleanup and stay in church basements, Mazur said. Part of the work involves cataloging lost items and trying to connect families with those items, some that were found miles away from where they belong, she said.
“Our church as a whole is very compassionate,” said the pastor, the Rev. Bo Chancey. “They love to care for people, be actively involved, put their faith and love in action.”
“When they hear we’re from New Hampshire, they’re shocked,” she said. The church is also collecting Home Depot and Lowe’s gift cards to give to people whose property was damaged by the tornado.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
- Meredith man gets McQuillen Award for service to vets - 0
- Wright Museum in Wolfeboro to preserve Walter Healy's story - 0
- Auburn students get special visitor - 0
- Wounded warrior needs some help - 0
- VAMC Manchester : Try quitting smoking today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466