NH church volunteers to help in Oklahoma tornado cleanup
Twenty-four people died when the tornado struck Moore on May 20; two people died in Shawnee from a tornado the day earlier.
The 30 Manchester Christian Church volunteers will work on debris cleanup and stay in church basements, Mazur said. Part of the work involves cataloging lost items and trying to connect families with those items, some that were found miles away from where they belong, she said.
“Our church as a whole is very compassionate,” said the pastor, the Rev. Bo Chancey. “They love to care for people, be actively involved, put their faith and love in action.”
“When they hear we’re from New Hampshire, they’re shocked,” she said. The church is also collecting Home Depot and Lowe’s gift cards to give to people whose property was damaged by the tornado.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466