Pembroke man's family stunned by his shooting by Manchester police
Dennis Lane of 12 Melissa Lane said he has known Varagianis for years and last spoke to him Sunday. Lane said he has been in a long-term relationship with Varagianis' mother, Sandra Sharp, who is suffering from lung and brain cancers.
Lane said Sharp, who is living in a long-term care facility, is now trying to arrange to see her son, who was at Elliot Hospital Tuesday night recovering from two gunshot wounds.
"It's really tragic," Lane said. "It's a pretty sad thing that's going on right now."
He said Sharp was given four months to live when she was diagnosed with cancer. That was 11 years ago; she's been fighting it ever since, he said.
Lane said it seemed that Varagianis, who had done prison time for drug-related offenses, had turned his life around by finding work detailing cars and starting a relationship with a new girlfriend. Lane said he'd offered to take Varagianas and his girlfriend out as a way to thank him for "doing so well."
Lane said family members, including Sharp and Varagianis' sister, Michelle, have no idea what may have prompted Varagianis' alleged actions Monday night.
"I have no idea," Lane said. "We're just like anyone else. We're trying to figure this out and what's going on."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Nashua man held in home invasion
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH