North Country gets back on track after wild weather
This large pine was uprooted in front of a home on Route 25 in Warren, one of the towns hardest hit by storms Sunday night. (BOB HOOKWAY PHOTO)
In Grafton County, Warren was among the towns with the most damage.
“The fire department was out with their chain saws last night, helping the road crew. Most everything is opened up again. I think they may still be working on Moses Road now,” Sackett said about 3:30 p.m. Monday.
Power company outage maps were showing by midday Monday that electricity had been restored to most residences and businesses. Pittsburg reportedly lost 100 percent of its power Sunday.
She said that outage occurred before the storm arrived, and was likely due to a damaged transformer.
“The sun was still shining at that time. We got some rain and thunder later,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 2
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 3
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 2
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 4
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'