Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Foliage
Wings & Wheels event will benefit Rochester food pantry
The second annual Wings & Wheels event is scheduled for Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Skyhaven Airport along Route 108.
The event, sponsored by police, features a three-way show — featuring planes, vehicles and motorcycles — which should serve as a significant draw for area residents, according to Torey Kortz, executive director of the SHARE Fund.
Kortz said participants can also take airplane and helicopter rides, try their luck with raffles and contests — including one involving hot wings — see police dog demonstrations, soak Rochester Mayor T.J. Jean in a dunk tank, spring around a bounce house while listening to a live band and enjoy a variety of food from local vendors.
Registration fees and donations will be collected at the airport’s entrance, according to Kortz.
“They’re doing it a little differently,” Ackerman said, adding organizers are asking area residents to provide gift cards or cash donations rather than non-perishable items.
Nonetheless, Ackerman said canned goods or other dry items will still be collected at the event.
Ackerman said the pantry relies on the generosity of area residents and businesses as 150 to 250 local families receive assistance each month.
Ackerman said the pantry is coordinating with members of The Journey Church to put on another food drive during the annual Night Before the 4th celebration next month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Harrigan: A rare appearance by Mr. Outdoor Answer Man - 0
- Annual Snodeo in Stewartstown draws good crowd, many vendors - 0
- NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod - 0
- Soap 101: Studies in self-reliance - 0
- Trip to college' advanced manufacturing center opens Boy Scouts' eyes to career possibilities - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: March's arrival brings ideal ice fishing conditions - 0
- High school students want to give the shirts off their backs - 0
- Nashua cadet receives Civil Air Patrol award - 0
- Hooksett teen faces charge of throwing egg at police car - 1
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod
Trip to college' advanced manufacturing center opens Boy Scouts' eyes to career possibilities
Soap 101: Studies in self-reliance
Win tickets to see Bruno Mars!
Win tickets to see Jillian Michaels