Home » Opinion » Editorials
Mt. Washington wind, snow lead to call for hiker’s rescue
Identified by New Hampshire Fish and Game officials only as a “young woman from East Haven, Conn.,” the victim and others in her group spent Monday night at the Lakes of the Clouds Appalachian Mountain Club Hut.
Hikers in the area headed for the AMC hut to summon help; AMC volunteers Arran Dindorf and Jeff Petersen responded.
“Despite low temperatures and driving wind and snow, the volunteers were able to remove her quickly.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Band concert highlights Deerfield Family Fun Night - 0
- Raymond aims to bring community together at annual town fair - 0
- Slash and his Conspirators open tour at Hampton Beach - 0
- Hundreds to pedal White Mountains to keep Manchester students in school - 1
- Goffstown business panel to do self-assessment - 0
- City kicks off 'Lunch in the Park' program - 0
- Warren begins three-day Old Home Day celebration Friday - 0
- Salem duplex request on hold - 0
- Yes to perform at the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom - 1
Community groups profit from race week
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Alanis Morissette to play Casino Ballroom
City kicks off 'Lunch in the Park' program
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man