Mt. Washington wind, snow lead to call for hiker’s rescue
Identified by New Hampshire Fish and Game officials only as a “young woman from East Haven, Conn.,” the victim and others in her group spent Monday night at the Lakes of the Clouds Appalachian Mountain Club Hut.
Hikers in the area headed for the AMC hut to summon help; AMC volunteers Arran Dindorf and Jeff Petersen responded.
“Despite low temperatures and driving wind and snow, the volunteers were able to remove her quickly.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Granite State campuses leap into spring with April performances - 0
- Joan Osborne's new album beats with matters of the heart - 0
- Hood Museum of Art wields views of power, strength, artistry and ceremony with exhibition of African objects - 0
- Painters' works on view in Holderness - 0
- Stiletto Brass Quintet steps onto PSU's Silver Center Friday night - 0
- Milwaukee painter David Fleming shares work in Rochester showing - 0
- Emerging artists on display at Paul Creative Arts Center - 0
- Exhibit chronicles New Hampshire Veteran's Association's history - 0
- Marshmallow candies inspiration for diorama contest - 0
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
Hood Museum of Art wields views of power, strength, artistry and ceremony with exhibition of African objects
Shamrock count winners
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
School fights mascot battle
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior