Home » News » Public Safety
Washington police chief injured by his service weapon
“I didn’t pay attention to detail and did not clear the chamber out of my gun,” he said.
He had been target shooting earlier that day and was back at the police station cleaning the Glock 40-caliber handgun he had been shooting, but did not realize the gun magazine had an unfired bullet.
He injured his pinky finger and outer palm area.
“There was a lot of damage there,” he said.
After the accident he was able to radio Washington Fire and Rescue. Marshall said he is grateful his friends were able to come to his aid and that the accident was minor compared to what could have happened. Adding he is happy to be teased by his friends and not eulogized by them.
He is expected to make a full recovery, but will have some ugly scars, he said. “Doctor said I missed all the major structures, ligaments and tendons.”
“My hand’s still all wrapped up not usable for daily use,” he said. “I expect to be back on full duty for the beginning of July.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth buildings being evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 3
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 4
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 1
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal