Powerful storms bring damage to Grafton County
In some communities, such as Warren in Grafton County, trees were uprooted, and some crashed down on homes and vehicles doing a good deal of property damage. Virtually all electrical service was knocked out there. Meanwhile, the same system passed by and barely touched other towns over the course of about two hours.
"I just talked to a woman who had a big pine tree come down on her trailer. It broke the ridge pole and wrecked her new car that was less than a month old," Sackett said.
"It's pretty well opened back up," Sackett said at around 7:30 p.m., after the storms struck at around 5:30.
"Downtown Warren is a disaster," said Marcia Downs, a resident of that town who returned home at about 7:30 p.m. after driving around and surveying the scene.
And what about the Project Mercury-era Redstone Missile that has stood on the Warren green for decades?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 0
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax