Powerful storms bring damage to Grafton County
In some communities, such as Warren in Grafton County, trees were uprooted, and some crashed down on homes and vehicles doing a good deal of property damage. Virtually all electrical service was knocked out there. Meanwhile, the same system passed by and barely touched other towns over the course of about two hours.
"I just talked to a woman who had a big pine tree come down on her trailer. It broke the ridge pole and wrecked her new car that was less than a month old," Sackett said.
"It's pretty well opened back up," Sackett said at around 7:30 p.m., after the storms struck at around 5:30.
"Downtown Warren is a disaster," said Marcia Downs, a resident of that town who returned home at about 7:30 p.m. after driving around and surveying the scene.
And what about the Project Mercury-era Redstone Missile that has stood on the Warren green for decades?
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH