Firm will collect $65k for work on UNH logo
The three logo designs proposed for the University of New Hampshire by a New York design firm. (COURTESY)
UNH spokeswoman Erika Mantz said the amount would cover "services that have already been provided," including "market research; many, many hours of meeting with faculty, staff, students, alums, and others; initial design work and transfer of ownership of that work."
"The first was lame and boring, and I wouldn't have known what I was looking at if someone hadn't said 'UNH.' The second was unintelligible. The third is garish and really just looks awful," was one comment submitted to UNH.
UNH President Mark Huddleston said the decision to redesign the current logo, which features the clock tower at Thompson Hall, has sparked "considerable creative input" from students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the UNH community.
Mantz said the rest of the money committed to the project will not be paid "if the full scope of branding work is not done."
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Pinkerton: 'No surprises' on first day with additional Hooksett students - 1
- Manchester Youth Leadership Academy will start Sept. 23 - 0
- New school year kicks off in style in Wilton/Lyndeborough - 0
- PSU recognizes 3 professors for their scholarship, service - 0
- Unity Elementary School off to late start - 0
- La. Gov. Jindal files federal lawsuit over Common Core - 0
- Central High parents reminded to use caution when dropping kids off - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 4
- Construction to begin on Hollis playground - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 1
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Win tickets to see Steven Wright