Outdoors with the AMC: The stars are out with astronomy programs at AMC lodges
This summer's astronomy programs are sponsored by Celestron, Inc.; Galileoscope, LLC; Atmosphere New Media and the International Dark Sky Association.
Opportunities still available for summer teen trail maintenance, adventure programs.
With summer just around the corner, teens looking for an exciting way to spend part of their upcoming school vacation may want to consider AMC's Teen Trail Crew programs and Teen Wilderness Adventure programs.
For teens seeking to learn or develop such outdoor skills as backpacking, whitewater paddling or Wilderness First Aid, AMC's Teen Wilderness Adventures may fit the bill. Open programs include a 5-day, hut-based hiking program; a 12-day multisport adventure that combines hiking, backpacking, mountaineering and whitewater paddling, and an 8-day Wilderness First Aid and Rescue course, designed to provide certification in Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
Rob Burbank is the director of media and public affairs for the Appalachian Mountain Club in Pinkham Notch. His column appears monthly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Early summer rental benefit as winter takes its toll - 0
- Susan Dromey's Down to Earth: The winter of our fashion faux pas - 0
- Deb Baker's The Mindful Reader: 'The Half Brother': complex, thoughtful - 0
- Forest Journal: Winners & losers: Keeping score of wildlife in winter - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Ice fishing great under right conditions - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Thrush sighting brings rush of excitement - 0
- Win tickets to see Pat Benetar and Neil Giraldo - 0
- Win tickets to see Black Label Society - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
Harrigan closes up camp
Win tickets to see Black Label Society
Judge: State wrong to round blood-alcohol level; license of teen charged with hitting women restored
Donna Powers: NH needs casinos
Anthem breach will haunt NH 'forever'