Outdoors with the AMC: The stars are out with astronomy programs at AMC lodges
This summer's astronomy programs are sponsored by Celestron, Inc.; Galileoscope, LLC; Atmosphere New Media and the International Dark Sky Association.
Opportunities still available for summer teen trail maintenance, adventure programs.
With summer just around the corner, teens looking for an exciting way to spend part of their upcoming school vacation may want to consider AMC's Teen Trail Crew programs and Teen Wilderness Adventure programs.
For teens seeking to learn or develop such outdoor skills as backpacking, whitewater paddling or Wilderness First Aid, AMC's Teen Wilderness Adventures may fit the bill. Open programs include a 5-day, hut-based hiking program; a 12-day multisport adventure that combines hiking, backpacking, mountaineering and whitewater paddling, and an 8-day Wilderness First Aid and Rescue course, designed to provide certification in Wilderness First Aid and CPR.
Rob Burbank is the director of media and public affairs for the Appalachian Mountain Club in Pinkham Notch. His column appears monthly.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Bow Wow Bedford’ to offer micro-chipping, rabies shots - 0
- Senior housing project's wetlands request is tabled - 0
- Salem ready to do battle with emerald ash borer - 0
- Hudson band mom ready for another Boston Marathon - 0
- Fish and Game: Skimming across water illegal, and bad idea - 0
- Souhegan High grad still on stage as one of American Idol’s’ top 11 - 0
- When help seems far away, Errol Rescue Squad founder, award winner, is close by - 0
- NH Old House & Barn Expo: Merging modern tastes, historic homes can take an expert’s help - 0
- Showcasing traditional arts at the NH Old House & Barn Expo - 0
NH Old House & Barn Expo: Merging modern tastes, historic homes can take an expert’s help
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth