Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Grand slam keys Fisher Cats' win over Mets
Early on, things didn't look rosy for New Hampshire as the Mets scored five runs off starter and winner Deck McGuire (3-5) in the second.
McGuire, however, held the Mets hitless over the next four innings, giving the Fisher Cats a chance to get back in it.
In the sixth, the Fisher Cats scored four to take the lead The first three men reached against starter and loser Logan Verrett (6-2) on a pair of singles and a walk. Loewen followed with an opposite-field home run to left to put the Fisher Cats on top 8-5. It was Loewen's second home run in the last four days and the Fisher Cats' second grand slam of the week, following Jon Talley's blast on Monday afternoon.
It was the fourth win in the last five game for the Fisher Cats, and it lifted them to .500 (28-28).
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'