Beyond warm for the weekend
"It is going to be definitely a mid-July type scenario," said Eric Sinsabaugh, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Gray, Maine.
All of southern New Hampshire, except maybe right along the coast, should see temperatures in the low to mid-90s on Saturday, with some scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon.
By late in the day on Sunday, he said the state could be looking at a very strong line of showers and thunderstorms coming through and lasting into Monday.
Sunday's temperatures will be a little cooler, ranging from the mid-80s to near 90 degrees, but still humid, with some mid- to high-level clouds moving in.
By Monday afternoon the front should have moved out, taking the humidity and extreme heat with it, leaving behind more seasonable temperatures and sunshine for the rest of the week.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Plow drivers learn salt goes a long way - 3
- UPDATE: Nashua, Washington residents killed in separate crashes - 0
- For most, no choice but to hit the roads for stormy holiday travel - 3
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to coastal boaters - 0
- Coast Guard issues weather warning to boaters - 0
- Man crushed by wind-felled tree in Laconia as powerful winds follow frigid air; thousands without power - 0
- Slick roads eyed for holiday - 0
- Granite Staters arrived in Philippines just after typhoon hit - 0
- Granite Staters fly out to Phillipines to help after typhoon - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice