Home » Sports » College Sports
Franklin Pierce ousted from NCAA Div. II baseball championship
Franklin Pierce took a 3-1 lead by scoring three times in the top of the third, but Grand Valley State scored five times in the bottom half of the inning before adding two runs in the sixth and two more in the eighth.
Grand Valley State freshman Patrick Kelly allowed three runs on seven hits in seven innings to collect the win. Kelly improved his record to 8-3 and has a 2.34 ERA.
Franklin Pierce collected three hits in its three-run third. Two of those runs scored on Mathieu’s two-out double into the right-field corner.
Infielder Kevin Zak had three of Grand Valley State’s 15 hits. The Lakers (37-18), who have three players hitting .328 or better in their lineup, are now 30-1 when leading after six innings this season.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Gaming authority offers regulatory structure - 0
- Portsmouth man gets prison for sex assault of disabled woman - 0
- Wolfeboro nursing home evacuated after minor chemical spill - 0
- Dover woman admits to bank robberies in two states - 0
- Motorists injured in two car collision on Route 9, Spofford - 0
- Arrest made in attempted robbery of Littleton gas station - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings