Colorful commode is a hot commodity in Londonderry fundraiser
But don't call the code enforcement officer just yet. It's all for a worthy cause.
Last week, members of One Body of Hope, a Relay for Life team based out of St. Jude Parish in Londonderry, began their mission of "wiping out cancer" one lawn at a time.
"We went and picked up the toilet on (a recent) Friday," Roberts said. "The next day, we were outside painting it. Painting porcelain isn't too easy," she said with a laugh.
By the time Sunday Mass rolled around, parishioners caught a glimpse of the colorful commode gracing the church garden as they made their way into the sanctuary.
For a $15 fee, the toilet can be placed on the Londonderry lawn of one's choice.
"This chain of events should keep the toilet moving around town, thus raising awareness of the need to flush out funds towards a cure for cancer," Woodward said.
Johnson, who wasn't told who had paid to have a potty placed on her front lawn, found humor in her lawn's latest deposit.
"Someone really loves you," Woodward said.
Would Johnson be "flushing" it forward? But of course, she said.
"I do have a friend who made me promise not to send her any flamingos," Johnson said. "But she didn't say anything about toilets."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Are Concord school officials right to ban a parent from praying outside high school each morning?
- Total Votes: 466