Officials say park is too darn hot
According to Alderman-at-Large Barbara Pressly, some of the play facilities throughout the city are not being used during the summer months when the sun is intense and equipment is hot. Concerns of skin cancer are also legitimate, she added.
“This would be a good park to start with,” Pressly told the aldermanic Committee on Infrastructure last week.
According to the proposal, the hot weather is limiting the use of the Roby Park playground in Nashua’s south end. A sun canopy or other shade system should be installed over the playground, according to Pressly, who is recommending that the city seek funding from the Jeff Morin Memorial Fund.
Sheehan said, however, she is not comfortable asking someone else to pay for a canopy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley - 0
- Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless - 0
- Win tickets to see ZZ Top - 0
- A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street - 0
- Berlin's Jericho ATV Festival extended to 3 days - 0
- When company comes, opt for variety - 0
- Salem selectmen honor retiring Special Olympics coach - 0
- Crystal Lake to be closed due to elevated E. coli bacteria - 0
- Letter of credit secured for Salem bike, pedestrian path - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Kenny Wayne Shepherd
A taste of Rome comes to Elm Street
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Market Basket community waits and watches
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Teen lauded for her courage and endurance