Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Fifth person arrested in Portsmouth heroin bust
Jonathan Barrett, 23, of Salem, turned himself into Salem police on Friday, on an outstanding police warrant for conspiracy to sell heroin.
Four alleged associates were arrested earlier in the day on related drug charges.
The bust follows an investigation by the Portsmouth Police Department, Rockingham County Sheriff's Department, Kittery Police Department and the Portsmouth Housing Authority.
Because the alleged drug sales occurred on Housing Authority property, the charges may carry enhanced penalties.
The sale of more than a gram of heroin is subject to a penalty of up to 20 years in jail and a $300,000 fine.
Barrett and the other suspects are being held pending arraignment Tuesday in Portsmouth Circuit Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424