Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Fifth person arrested in Portsmouth heroin bust
Jonathan Barrett, 23, of Salem, turned himself into Salem police on Friday, on an outstanding police warrant for conspiracy to sell heroin.
Four alleged associates were arrested earlier in the day on related drug charges.
The bust follows an investigation by the Portsmouth Police Department, Rockingham County Sheriff's Department, Kittery Police Department and the Portsmouth Housing Authority.
Because the alleged drug sales occurred on Housing Authority property, the charges may carry enhanced penalties.
The sale of more than a gram of heroin is subject to a penalty of up to 20 years in jail and a $300,000 fine.
Barrett and the other suspects are being held pending arraignment Tuesday in Portsmouth Circuit Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917