Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Fifth person arrested in Portsmouth heroin bust
Jonathan Barrett, 23, of Salem, turned himself into Salem police on Friday, on an outstanding police warrant for conspiracy to sell heroin.
Four alleged associates were arrested earlier in the day on related drug charges.
The bust follows an investigation by the Portsmouth Police Department, Rockingham County Sheriff's Department, Kittery Police Department and the Portsmouth Housing Authority.
Because the alleged drug sales occurred on Housing Authority property, the charges may carry enhanced penalties.
The sale of more than a gram of heroin is subject to a penalty of up to 20 years in jail and a $300,000 fine.
Barrett and the other suspects are being held pending arraignment Tuesday in Portsmouth Circuit Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incesed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
George Will: The face of IRS behavior