Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Portsmouth pharmacy robbery ends in crash and arrest; motorist injured
Cheryl Lees, 59, of Portsmouth, was arrested after police spotted her SUV and gave chase.
Officers had received a report that a woman passed a note demanding pain medication at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Islington Road. Police said the robber left in a white SUV, which was spotted on nearby on Middle Street.
As an officer attempted to catch up to the vehicle, it accelerated, crashing into another vehicle on Lafayette Road. Police said the woman then fled on foot but was captured after a brief struggle outside her apartment building on Ledgewood Drive.
Lees was charged with robbery, conduct after an accident, disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and possession of a controlled drug. She was ordered held on $8,000 cash bail and will be arraigned Tuesday.
One occupant of the other car involved in the crash suffered minor injury, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424