Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Portsmouth pharmacy robbery ends in crash and arrest; motorist injured
Cheryl Lees, 59, of Portsmouth, was arrested after police spotted her SUV and gave chase.
Officers had received a report that a woman passed a note demanding pain medication at the Rite Aid Pharmacy on Islington Road. Police said the robber left in a white SUV, which was spotted on nearby on Middle Street.
As an officer attempted to catch up to the vehicle, it accelerated, crashing into another vehicle on Lafayette Road. Police said the woman then fled on foot but was captured after a brief struggle outside her apartment building on Ledgewood Drive.
Lees was charged with robbery, conduct after an accident, disobeying a police officer, resisting arrest and possession of a controlled drug. She was ordered held on $8,000 cash bail and will be arraigned Tuesday.
One occupant of the other car involved in the crash suffered minor injury, police said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424