Home » Sports » College Sports
Franklin Pierce opens D-II World Series with win
The victory was the second time Franklin Pierce has opened the Division II World Series with a win in six trips. The other time came in 2003, when the Ravens reached the national semifinals in the program's first trip to the World Series.
"Trevor's been our MVP the whole season," King said. "He's been that guy that's taken the ball every time we've needed him to. He's gone late into games - just like he did today - pretty much the whole season.
Franklin Pierce improved its record to 37-17 and will continue play in the double-elimination tournament Monday (5 p.m.), when it will face Minnesota State-Mankato, a 2-0 winner oveer Grand Valley State on Saturday night.
Shippensburg starting pitcher Pat Kregeloh pitched into the eighth, but was removed from the mound after Brock's RBI single. He struck out four and walked four.
"(Kregeloh) was getting ahead in the count - a lot of first-pitch strikes - and his slider was pretty active," Brock said. "He pitched a great game."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Divisions still under discussion - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats' fortunes at Maine may rest with the big guys - 0
- Monarchs continue their battle of the Atlantic - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 1
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
- Reams threatens to sue county commissioners - 0
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 0
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 0
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Conway is heartened by word of her letter
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list