Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats, New Britain split
New Britain scored all four runs off New Hampshire starter Marcus Walden (3-5) in the nightcap, which was a seven-inning contest. Walden surrendered 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings. Shortstop Danny Santana had three of New Britain's 11 hits in the game.
New Britain's Pat Dean (2-5) pitched the first 5 1/3 innings to collect the win. He allowed six hits, walked one and struck out one.
Relievers Chorye Spoone and Joel Carreno tossed five innings of scoreless baseball in the first half of the doubleheader. Spoone (2-2) held New Britain to one hit in three innings and was credited with the win. He struck out two and walked two. Carreno didn't allow a hit in the final two innings.
Right fielder Jordan Parraz provided New Britain's offensive highlight when he hit a solo home run off of New Hampshire starter Marcus Stroman in the fourth inning Friday. Stroman allowed two runs on six hits in four innings before the game was suspended. He struck out five and walked one.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- AL East looks loaded again in 2014 - 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Belichick’s magic act worthy of honor - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Dolphins seeking AFC wild card - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: The book on Bennett - 1
- NHIAA wrestling at Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan