Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats, New Britain split
New Britain scored all four runs off New Hampshire starter Marcus Walden (3-5) in the nightcap, which was a seven-inning contest. Walden surrendered 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings. Shortstop Danny Santana had three of New Britain's 11 hits in the game.
New Britain's Pat Dean (2-5) pitched the first 5 1/3 innings to collect the win. He allowed six hits, walked one and struck out one.
Relievers Chorye Spoone and Joel Carreno tossed five innings of scoreless baseball in the first half of the doubleheader. Spoone (2-2) held New Britain to one hit in three innings and was credited with the win. He struck out two and walked two. Carreno didn't allow a hit in the final two innings.
Right fielder Jordan Parraz provided New Britain's offensive highlight when he hit a solo home run off of New Hampshire starter Marcus Stroman in the fourth inning Friday. Stroman allowed two runs on six hits in four innings before the game was suspended. He struck out five and walked one.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Football social planned for Turkey Bowl eve - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Hot stove plus hockey equals cool doubleheader - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Much-loved Lemire was dedicated to city's kids - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: High school hoops preseason jamboree finally a reality - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Monarchs' Morris salutes fans - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Stunning ending authored by Brady. - 1
- John Habib's City Sports: A couple of Pioneers are on the move - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Memorial principal explains football time changes - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Joe Sullivan stories recall a great storyteller - 1
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Shaheen, Ayotte on opposite sides of procedural vote on budget compromise - 3
- Snow slows NH rush hour; cancels many evening events - 1
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH ranks first in controlling infectious disease, according to report - 1
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Knife-wielding robbers target two stores in Manchester - 2
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos