Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats, New Britain split
New Britain scored all four runs off New Hampshire starter Marcus Walden (3-5) in the nightcap, which was a seven-inning contest. Walden surrendered 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings. Shortstop Danny Santana had three of New Britain's 11 hits in the game.
New Britain's Pat Dean (2-5) pitched the first 5 1/3 innings to collect the win. He allowed six hits, walked one and struck out one.
Relievers Chorye Spoone and Joel Carreno tossed five innings of scoreless baseball in the first half of the doubleheader. Spoone (2-2) held New Britain to one hit in three innings and was credited with the win. He struck out two and walked two. Carreno didn't allow a hit in the final two innings.
Right fielder Jordan Parraz provided New Britain's offensive highlight when he hit a solo home run off of New Hampshire starter Marcus Stroman in the fourth inning Friday. Stroman allowed two runs on six hits in four innings before the game was suspended. He struck out five and walked one.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'