Home » Sports » Baseball » Fisher Cats/EL
Fisher Cats, New Britain split
New Britain scored all four runs off New Hampshire starter Marcus Walden (3-5) in the nightcap, which was a seven-inning contest. Walden surrendered 10 hits in 5 2/3 innings. Shortstop Danny Santana had three of New Britain's 11 hits in the game.
New Britain's Pat Dean (2-5) pitched the first 5 1/3 innings to collect the win. He allowed six hits, walked one and struck out one.
Relievers Chorye Spoone and Joel Carreno tossed five innings of scoreless baseball in the first half of the doubleheader. Spoone (2-2) held New Britain to one hit in three innings and was credited with the win. He struck out two and walked two. Carreno didn't allow a hit in the final two innings.
Right fielder Jordan Parraz provided New Britain's offensive highlight when he hit a solo home run off of New Hampshire starter Marcus Stroman in the fourth inning Friday. Stroman allowed two runs on six hits in four innings before the game was suspended. He struck out five and walked one.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis playground effort gains community support - 0
- Kid Zenith members working to make a difference - 0
- Family with special needs students struggles with move - 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass