Golf cart to make visits to veterans cemetery easier
Veterans service organizations have donated a golf cart, dubbed the Vetmobile, for the cemetery to provide rides to those who can't easily walk to their loved ones' graves.
The Combat Veterans Motorcycle Association's Chapter 5-1 quickly offered to fund the purchase, and North Country Golf Cart of Bow was on board to deliver the Vetmobile at a "bargain price," Burdett said.
Burdett said the golf cart officially was donated to the New Hampshire Cemetery Association, which in turn gave it to the state of New Hampshire; the Governor and Executive Council accepted the gift.
"They don't even have to get out of the cart at the other end if they don't want to. The point is now, instead of looking out across 100 yards of green grass, they can go right to the site, have their moments and then be carried back to their car."
Mike Farinola of the CVMA said the idea was "a no-brainer" for his group, which in the past has purchased therapy equipment for the state veterans home, funded scholarships and organized deep-sea fishing trips for veterans.
"If you can actually help either veterans' families or the veterans themselves visit their loved ones, it's a natural. We couldn't resist."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commentary -- Mary Tamposi: Housing the homeless helps us all - 0
- Disabled anglers, vets try luck in tournament - 0
- 100 Nights ceremony set for Thursday at Veterans Cemetery - 0
- Meeting at VA Medical Center on Sept. 25 - 0
- DAV plans meeting - 0
- Carrabba's managers get down and dirty for a good cause - 0
- American Legion national commander to visit NH - 0
- Milford's World War II fallen honored Sunday - 0
- Suicide Prevention Week: NH expert focuses on veterans - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sox down Orioles in 10 as Ortiz hits a pair - 0
- Portsmouth stuns Memorial - 0
- High School Sports Round-up - 0
- Milford stuffs Souhegan on final play - 0
- Efficient Bedford beats Winnacunnet - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- GOP attempts to tie Shaheen to old criminal case - 3
- Salem man presented with Polish award - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
Goodell vows domestic violence change