Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
A statement released Friday from UNH President Mark Huddleston noted that the decision to redesign the current logo, which features the clock tower at Thompson Hall, has sparked "considerable creative input" from students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the UNH community.
The university recently hired the New York design firm Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv to redesign the logo. Three blue-and-white designs are featured on the UNH web site, and members of the UNH community have been weighing in on their choice — or rejection — of those three.
Because of the impassioned reactions, UNH officials have decided to keep the comments period open through July 1.
• "Being an alum and current graduate student, I find it hard to pick a new logo because I love the current one. However, if I had to choose, I would pick concept #1. Thanks for allowing input!"
• "My vote would be for the second logo, with the U holding the seal together and the N and H on the inside. It seems, to me, the most professional and collegiate. The third seems a bit too cartoonish?"
• "I quite liked the third logo from the presentation; I think it is aesthetically pleasing and symbolically representative of, not only the school, but the state as well. I found the first two logos to be visually unappealing and lacking in creativity."
"UNH is a world-class institution competing on a national and international stage. We must present ourselves with real clarity and consistency both to our friends and to those who know little of our mission or aspirations," he said. "Like any serious enterprise in a competitive marketplace, we must invest in and manage our brand identity."
Information about the selection process and images of the proposed designs can be found at: bit.ly/unhgraphics.
Comments can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 0
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383