Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions
A statement released Friday from UNH President Mark Huddleston noted that the decision to redesign the current logo, which features the clock tower at Thompson Hall, has sparked "considerable creative input" from students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the UNH community.
The university recently hired the New York design firm Chermayeff & Geismar & Haviv to redesign the logo. Three blue-and-white designs are featured on the UNH web site, and members of the UNH community have been weighing in on their choice — or rejection — of those three.
Because of the impassioned reactions, UNH officials have decided to keep the comments period open through July 1.
• "Being an alum and current graduate student, I find it hard to pick a new logo because I love the current one. However, if I had to choose, I would pick concept #1. Thanks for allowing input!"
• "My vote would be for the second logo, with the U holding the seal together and the N and H on the inside. It seems, to me, the most professional and collegiate. The third seems a bit too cartoonish?"
• "I quite liked the third logo from the presentation; I think it is aesthetically pleasing and symbolically representative of, not only the school, but the state as well. I found the first two logos to be visually unappealing and lacking in creativity."
"UNH is a world-class institution competing on a national and international stage. We must present ourselves with real clarity and consistency both to our friends and to those who know little of our mission or aspirations," he said. "Like any serious enterprise in a competitive marketplace, we must invest in and manage our brand identity."
Information about the selection process and images of the proposed designs can be found at: bit.ly/unhgraphics.
Comments can be emailed to: email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 12
- Nashua school board approves changes in design, hospitality, music programs - 0
- Claremont seeks alternatives to demolishing Stevens High School stage - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 26
- UNH lecturers seek to unionize - 19
- Jump seen in number of free, reduced-price meals at NH schools - 1
- Policy change on school milk may cut food waste - 0
- Youngsters show how they would battle 'Nature's Fury' - 0
- Exploring the dark side of social media - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Key NH Dems attend Lantos Foundation event honoring Clinton, White House parties - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 2
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
Anderson lewdness trial is delayed
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383