Sweet Neem offers a social gathering for foodies
With a focus on fresh and out-of-the-ordinary foods, Durgampudi has opened Sweet Neem Tasting Table, located at the Creative Chef Kitchens space at Hannaford Plaza.
"It's part social gathering, part armchair travel and part cooking school, without the cooking," she said.
Durgampudi said she has always been interested in food and cooking and decided to make the jump from being an information technology cubicle drone to opening Sweet Neem Tasting Table.
Pointing to a plate of fresh green plums, Durgampudi said she is willing to pick up and share items she has never tried before.
Although Durgampudi said she will use ingredients from across the globe, she said her Indian background means that much of what she offers has a decidedly Asian influence.
For example, she said an upcoming Sunday will focus on lentils with plates including lentil soup and green lentil pancakes.
Durgampudi said she hopes to grow Sweet Neem Tasting Table so that she can one day open her own storefront restaurant.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.