Home » Sports » College Sports
NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens
The Ravens, 35-17, won the East Regional and qualified for the eight-team championship for the sixth time since 2003 and first since 2010.
Graham has a 9-2 record and has allowed 69 hits in 102 1/3 innings while striking out 114 and walking just 18.
McGowan is 7-1 and has allowed 71 hits in 75 innings with 60 strikeouts and 13 walks.
Graham, in particular, has drawn lots of attention.
He has a .352 batting average with nine home runs and 59 RBIs and a 9-4 pitching record with a 3.68 earned run average and five complete games,
Grand Valley State, 34-17, of Allendale Charter Township, Mich., and Minnesota State Mankato, 38-8, play in Franklin Pierce's bracket.
The first-day winners and the first-day losers play each other on Monday.
In 2010, Franklin Pierce lost to Kutztown State in its first game and rebounded with wins over Minnesota State Mankato and Kutztown before being eliminated by California, San Diego in the semifinals. It was the third time the Ravens had made the semis.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South to shut down after propane tank crashes - 0
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 1
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan