Home » Sports » College Sports
NCAA finals a first for most FPU Ravens
The Ravens, 35-17, won the East Regional and qualified for the eight-team championship for the sixth time since 2003 and first since 2010.
Graham has a 9-2 record and has allowed 69 hits in 102 1/3 innings while striking out 114 and walking just 18.
McGowan is 7-1 and has allowed 71 hits in 75 innings with 60 strikeouts and 13 walks.
Graham, in particular, has drawn lots of attention.
He has a .352 batting average with nine home runs and 59 RBIs and a 9-4 pitching record with a 3.68 earned run average and five complete games,
Grand Valley State, 34-17, of Allendale Charter Township, Mich., and Minnesota State Mankato, 38-8, play in Franklin Pierce's bracket.
The first-day winners and the first-day losers play each other on Monday.
In 2010, Franklin Pierce lost to Kutztown State in its first game and rebounded with wins over Minnesota State Mankato and Kutztown before being eliminated by California, San Diego in the semifinals. It was the third time the Ravens had made the semis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 33
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council