NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail
Lynch won two events to help North prevail in the Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Winnacunnet High School in Hampton.
Demitri Jackson finished first in the triple jump (43-05) and was North's other individual winner. The Titans earned 108 points.
The Bedford girls had four individual winners: Jenny Mara in the high jump (5-4), Amanda Ouellette in the long jump (101-9), Johanna Celli in the 100 meters (12.64) and Gwenyth Winship in the 800 (2:19.34).
Bishop Guertin of Nashua's Betsy Garnick won the 100 hurdles (14.43), the 300 hurdles (45.64 ) and the long jump (17-11.75). She also ran third in the 100 (12.82).
Garnick, who lives in Pelham, will compete in track and field at Northeastern next season.
"I'm very happy," she said. "I expected more from myself in the 100 dash, but I was tired coming off the hurdles and dash races (trials) . They were all back to back. I think it was just fatigue. It happens.
The North boys also won 4x100 relay, the 4x800 relay and ran second in the 4x400 relay.
"We didn't win during the winter and we should have, so we really needed to win here," Lynch said. "It was about the team today."
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
- Riding lessons: DRED improves horse rules - 5
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 15
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 8
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan