NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail
Lynch won two events to help North prevail in the Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Winnacunnet High School in Hampton.
Demitri Jackson finished first in the triple jump (43-05) and was North's other individual winner. The Titans earned 108 points.
The Bedford girls had four individual winners: Jenny Mara in the high jump (5-4), Amanda Ouellette in the long jump (101-9), Johanna Celli in the 100 meters (12.64) and Gwenyth Winship in the 800 (2:19.34).
Bishop Guertin of Nashua's Betsy Garnick won the 100 hurdles (14.43), the 300 hurdles (45.64 ) and the long jump (17-11.75). She also ran third in the 100 (12.82).
Garnick, who lives in Pelham, will compete in track and field at Northeastern next season.
"I'm very happy," she said. "I expected more from myself in the 100 dash, but I was tired coming off the hurdles and dash races (trials) . They were all back to back. I think it was just fatigue. It happens.
The North boys also won 4x100 relay, the 4x800 relay and ran second in the 4x400 relay.
"We didn't win during the winter and we should have, so we really needed to win here," Lynch said. "It was about the team today."
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Guard unit receives award for extraordinary service - 2
- 'NH National Guard Day' proclaimed by governor - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Pearl Harbor survivors remember attack - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 22
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child