NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail
Lynch won two events to help North prevail in the Division I Outdoor Track and Field Championships at Winnacunnet High School in Hampton.
Demitri Jackson finished first in the triple jump (43-05) and was North's other individual winner. The Titans earned 108 points.
The Bedford girls had four individual winners: Jenny Mara in the high jump (5-4), Amanda Ouellette in the long jump (101-9), Johanna Celli in the 100 meters (12.64) and Gwenyth Winship in the 800 (2:19.34).
Bishop Guertin of Nashua's Betsy Garnick won the 100 hurdles (14.43), the 300 hurdles (45.64 ) and the long jump (17-11.75). She also ran third in the 100 (12.82).
Garnick, who lives in Pelham, will compete in track and field at Northeastern next season.
"I'm very happy," she said. "I expected more from myself in the 100 dash, but I was tired coming off the hurdles and dash races (trials) . They were all back to back. I think it was just fatigue. It happens.
The North boys also won 4x100 relay, the 4x800 relay and ran second in the 4x400 relay.
"We didn't win during the winter and we should have, so we really needed to win here," Lynch said. "It was about the team today."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 39
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false