NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final
Londonderry got wins from Ryan Broderick at second singles (8-4), Matt McKinney at fourth singles (8-3) and Mike Paquette at fifth singles (8-3).
Bedford 5, Derryfield 4: In Bedford, after splitting singles play, the third-seeded Bulldogs (13-2) won two of the three doubles matches for a Division I quarterfinal win over the No. 6 Cougars (11-4) on Friday. Sadhana Tadepalli teamed up with Abby Ramsey for an 8-1 win at second doubles and the team of Payton Terzian and Anithan Machupali prevailed 8-6 at third doubles. Berklee and Colbi Vaillancourt each won their singles matches for Derryfield and teamed up for a win at first doubles.
Profile 6, Conant 0: Indoors in Lisbon, second-seeded Profile rolled into the Division III final for the second straight year and set up a rematch of last year's final. The defending champion Patriots will meet top seed Bow on Wednesday at Derryfield School in Manchester.
Salem 13, Nashua North 3 (5 inns.): In Nashua, the Blue Devils (7-13) exploded for 12 runs in the third inning en route to a big win over the Titans (13-7) on Friday.
Pinkerton 13, South 2: The Astros (8-11) scored at least one run in each of the four innings they came to bat to end the regular season with a win over the Purple Panthers (6-11) on Friday. Pinkerton had 12 hits as a team. Nick Reed, Matt Byers and Alex Dunn all had one hit each for South.
Pinkerton 4, Nashua South 0: At Nashua, Natalie Fabrizio hurled a three-hit shutout as the Astros (9-9) downed the Purple Panthers (2-16) on Friday. Kelly Fitzsimmons had three of Pinkerton's five hits.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
- Meredith man gets McQuillen Award for service to vets - 0
- Wright Museum in Wolfeboro to preserve Walter Healy's story - 0
- Auburn students get special visitor - 0
- Wounded warrior needs some help - 0
- VAMC Manchester : Try quitting smoking today - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Bedford town council honors World War II veterans - 0
- Bill seeks to name Derry bridge for Marine - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released