NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final
Londonderry got wins from Ryan Broderick at second singles (8-4), Matt McKinney at fourth singles (8-3) and Mike Paquette at fifth singles (8-3).
Bedford 5, Derryfield 4: In Bedford, after splitting singles play, the third-seeded Bulldogs (13-2) won two of the three doubles matches for a Division I quarterfinal win over the No. 6 Cougars (11-4) on Friday. Sadhana Tadepalli teamed up with Abby Ramsey for an 8-1 win at second doubles and the team of Payton Terzian and Anithan Machupali prevailed 8-6 at third doubles. Berklee and Colbi Vaillancourt each won their singles matches for Derryfield and teamed up for a win at first doubles.
Profile 6, Conant 0: Indoors in Lisbon, second-seeded Profile rolled into the Division III final for the second straight year and set up a rematch of last year's final. The defending champion Patriots will meet top seed Bow on Wednesday at Derryfield School in Manchester.
Salem 13, Nashua North 3 (5 inns.): In Nashua, the Blue Devils (7-13) exploded for 12 runs in the third inning en route to a big win over the Titans (13-7) on Friday.
Pinkerton 13, South 2: The Astros (8-11) scored at least one run in each of the four innings they came to bat to end the regular season with a win over the Purple Panthers (6-11) on Friday. Pinkerton had 12 hits as a team. Nick Reed, Matt Byers and Alex Dunn all had one hit each for South.
Pinkerton 4, Nashua South 0: At Nashua, Natalie Fabrizio hurled a three-hit shutout as the Astros (9-9) downed the Purple Panthers (2-16) on Friday. Kelly Fitzsimmons had three of Pinkerton's five hits.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Guard unit receives award for extraordinary service - 2
- 'NH National Guard Day' proclaimed by governor - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Pearl Harbor survivors remember attack - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 22
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child