Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day
The threat of snow in the higher elevations is the last thing Doris Bedell wants to hear this time of year.
Forecasters say New Hampshire will remain stuck in the same wet weather pattern that's made for a dismal past week.
Things should brighten up by Monday, but before then, Kistner said a low pressure system similar to a late spring nor'easter is expected to develop just south of Cape Cod and move into the Gulf of Maine this weekend.
Coincidentally, Kistner said the latest snowfall on record for New Hampshire is May 26, 1967.
Highs today will only reach into the mid-40s in southern areas to upper 30s to the north.
Sunday's highs will range from the mid-50s south to upper 40s north, Kistner said.
In terms of rain, Kistner said parts of the state could see 1 to 1.5 inches before the wet weather moves out later on Sunday.
The weather should improve in time for Memorial Day parades and observances on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bella, a chihuahua mix, is still missing in Auburn - 0
- Nashua man charged in domestic knife threat - 0
- Manchester man detained on Nashua rape charges involving child - 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 1
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 12
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children