Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day
The threat of snow in the higher elevations is the last thing Doris Bedell wants to hear this time of year.
Forecasters say New Hampshire will remain stuck in the same wet weather pattern that's made for a dismal past week.
Things should brighten up by Monday, but before then, Kistner said a low pressure system similar to a late spring nor'easter is expected to develop just south of Cape Cod and move into the Gulf of Maine this weekend.
Coincidentally, Kistner said the latest snowfall on record for New Hampshire is May 26, 1967.
Highs today will only reach into the mid-40s in southern areas to upper 30s to the north.
Sunday's highs will range from the mid-50s south to upper 40s north, Kistner said.
In terms of rain, Kistner said parts of the state could see 1 to 1.5 inches before the wet weather moves out later on Sunday.
The weather should improve in time for Memorial Day parades and observances on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax