Home » News » Public Safety
Woman accidentally backs car into husband in Rye, pins him to wall
Rye Police Chief Kevin Walsh said they received a call around 9:16 p.m. from 2000 Ocean Blvd., a condominium building with a common driveway, about a car versus pedestrian.
Officers arrived to learn Ruth McKenney, who Walsh said is in her mid-70s, had accidentally put her vehicle into reverse instead of drive, pinning her husband between the car and a stone wall he had been standing against.
Walsh said the contact was brief and Mr. McKenney did not appear to have any substantial injuries on scene, but was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
Walsh said the whole thing appears to be just an "unfortunate accident."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms