Home » News » Public Safety
Woman accidentally backs car into husband in Rye, pins him to wall
Rye Police Chief Kevin Walsh said they received a call around 9:16 p.m. from 2000 Ocean Blvd., a condominium building with a common driveway, about a car versus pedestrian.
Officers arrived to learn Ruth McKenney, who Walsh said is in her mid-70s, had accidentally put her vehicle into reverse instead of drive, pinning her husband between the car and a stone wall he had been standing against.
Walsh said the contact was brief and Mr. McKenney did not appear to have any substantial injuries on scene, but was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
Walsh said the whole thing appears to be just an "unfortunate accident."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
Person found dead in Manchester alley
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record