Home » News » Public Safety
Woman accidentally backs car into husband in Rye, pins him to wall
Rye Police Chief Kevin Walsh said they received a call around 9:16 p.m. from 2000 Ocean Blvd., a condominium building with a common driveway, about a car versus pedestrian.
Officers arrived to learn Ruth McKenney, who Walsh said is in her mid-70s, had accidentally put her vehicle into reverse instead of drive, pinning her husband between the car and a stone wall he had been standing against.
Walsh said the contact was brief and Mr. McKenney did not appear to have any substantial injuries on scene, but was transported to the hospital as a precaution.
Walsh said the whole thing appears to be just an "unfortunate accident."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
- Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 1
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Facebook leads to career in social media
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers