Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail
"My mother is not the monster she has been made out to be," the 14-year-old said during the more than two-hour sentencing hearing.
Biron, a heavy-set woman with cropped hair, glasses and wearing light-green prison scrubs, told the judge "my life fell apart and my world crashed" in July 2011.
Unimpressed, Barbadoro said there was little in Biron's background that warranted leniency.
"I think the damage you have done to your daughter is incalculable," the judge told Biron.
U.S. Attorney for New Hampshire, John P. Kacavas, said he was "very satisfied" with the sentence.
Kacavas said federal prison counselors will determine if Biron's daughter will have contact with her mother after she turns 18.
He said Biron's conduct followed a period of high stress after her husband abandoned her. Biron turned to alcohol, then "started going down the rabbit hole."
The lawyer stressed that Biron never distributed the videos over the Internet nor did she try to sell the videos she made of her daughter having sex.
Moir said he would appeal, but had no other comment.
Manchester police began investigating Biron in September 2012 after an 18-year-old man told them he met Biron through a Craigslist personal ad she placed.
Later, he said Biron introduced him to her "18-year-old roommate" and encouraged him to have sex with her while Biron video recorded them.
The "roommate" was Biron's daughter, then 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Seabrook nuclear power plant discussion continues on concrete degradation - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424