Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail
"My mother is not the monster she has been made out to be," the 14-year-old said during the more than two-hour sentencing hearing.
Biron, a heavy-set woman with cropped hair, glasses and wearing light-green prison scrubs, told the judge "my life fell apart and my world crashed" in July 2011.
Unimpressed, Barbadoro said there was little in Biron's background that warranted leniency.
"I think the damage you have done to your daughter is incalculable," the judge told Biron.
U.S. Attorney for New Hampshire, John P. Kacavas, said he was "very satisfied" with the sentence.
Kacavas said federal prison counselors will determine if Biron's daughter will have contact with her mother after she turns 18.
He said Biron's conduct followed a period of high stress after her husband abandoned her. Biron turned to alcohol, then "started going down the rabbit hole."
The lawyer stressed that Biron never distributed the videos over the Internet nor did she try to sell the videos she made of her daughter having sex.
Moir said he would appeal, but had no other comment.
Manchester police began investigating Biron in September 2012 after an 18-year-old man told them he met Biron through a Craigslist personal ad she placed.
Later, he said Biron introduced him to her "18-year-old roommate" and encouraged him to have sex with her while Biron video recorded them.
The "roommate" was Biron's daughter, then 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424