Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Lawyer who made porn videos of teenage daughter gets 40 years in jail
"My mother is not the monster she has been made out to be," the 14-year-old said during the more than two-hour sentencing hearing.
Biron, a heavy-set woman with cropped hair, glasses and wearing light-green prison scrubs, told the judge "my life fell apart and my world crashed" in July 2011.
Unimpressed, Barbadoro said there was little in Biron's background that warranted leniency.
"I think the damage you have done to your daughter is incalculable," the judge told Biron.
U.S. Attorney for New Hampshire, John P. Kacavas, said he was "very satisfied" with the sentence.
Kacavas said federal prison counselors will determine if Biron's daughter will have contact with her mother after she turns 18.
He said Biron's conduct followed a period of high stress after her husband abandoned her. Biron turned to alcohol, then "started going down the rabbit hole."
The lawyer stressed that Biron never distributed the videos over the Internet nor did she try to sell the videos she made of her daughter having sex.
Moir said he would appeal, but had no other comment.
Manchester police began investigating Biron in September 2012 after an 18-year-old man told them he met Biron through a Craigslist personal ad she placed.
Later, he said Biron introduced him to her "18-year-old roommate" and encouraged him to have sex with her while Biron video recorded them.
The "roommate" was Biron's daughter, then 13.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 0
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 0
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 0
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424