Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison
Christian Hobbs, 44, of Orleans, Mass. was sentenced Friday in Rockingham County Superior Court to charges he secretly recorded a Salem woman while living under her trailer. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
Prosecutors said they crafted the harshest sentence they could for Christian Hobbs, 44, but couldn't give him more prison time because one of the laws he broke – violation of privacy – was a misdemeanor.
"While I probably would have liked a little more time, the violation of privacy, which is the most egregious part of this case, unfortunately is a misdemeanor," Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard said on Friday.
Hobbs, formerly of Salem, pleaded guilty Friday to burglary, criminal mischief, violation of privacy and attempted interception and disclosure of telecommunication or oral communications prohibited.
He spent Aug. 14 and 15 under the Salem woman's trailer after secretly planting baby monitors and using a cell phone to take videos and photos of her.
For more on this story, see Saturday editions of the New Hampshire Union Leader.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917