Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Man who spent days under Salem woman's trailer recording sentenced to prison
Prosecutors said they crafted the harshest sentence they could for Christian Hobbs, 44, but couldn't give him more prison time because one of the laws he broke – violation of privacy – was a misdemeanor.
"While I probably would have liked a little more time, the violation of privacy, which is the most egregious part of this case, unfortunately is a misdemeanor," Assistant County Attorney Jerome Blanchard said on Friday.
Hobbs, formerly of Salem, pleaded guilty Friday to burglary, criminal mischief, violation of privacy and attempted interception and disclosure of telecommunication or oral communications prohibited.
He spent Aug. 14 and 15 under the Salem woman's trailer after secretly planting baby monitors and using a cell phone to take videos and photos of her.
For more on this story, see Saturday editions of the New Hampshire Union Leader.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 15
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424